Executive Assistant / Marketing Assistant
Wanted: “The Most Awesome Executive Assistant Ever
Small (and growing), local (Colorado Springs), family owned, Christian based Real Estate investing company, seeking a highly organized (and highly awesome) Executive Assistant/Marketing Assistant, to help take things to the next level…
Us, In a Nutshell: Our clients are motivated house sellers in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. Our job is to solve their house problems, and make the experience outstanding for them in the process. We treat our customers like family and make their selling process unbelievably easy.
You, In a Nutshell: This position may work partly from home (remotely) and may also have some required “in office” hours. This position is basically the #1 Executive Assistant/Marketing Assistant, reporting directly to the owners. Pay is commensurate upon experience and skill levels. Hours may be flexible to accommodate most schedule needs, but would range from 15-35 hours per week M-F.
Are you and This Job a Perfect Match?
Hmmmmmm… Well very possibly, if this sounds like you…
- You agree – it’s cool to work in a local small biz, and be involved in helping it grow.
- You work awesomely from home or at the office – you’re a self-starter, and you love the idea of being able to step up to a challenge!
- You’re self-reliant – you thrive on diligent work and follow instructions well, but also can self-manage much of your own organizational activity, workload, and time.
- You’re an action taker and a finisher – great at following-up and following-through to the end of a project or task, without needing someone to check in or watch over your shoulder.
- You’re an admin Ninja – no admin task is too large or too small for you. Bring it on!
- You’re a computer Wizard – neither a loose connection nor an Excel spreadsheet would slow you down, and a mail merge… piece a cake!
- You’re conscientious – naturally mindful (even anal) about the details of a thing, and really like things to be “done right”.
- You’re a “checklist person” – and tend to be very precise, structured and systematic in how you think and do things.
- You’re not a Debbie Downer – you’re fun, energetic, positive, a skilled listener, and naturally play well with others.
If this sounds like you, then keep reading and read carefully…
What Will Our Amazing Executive Assistant Do?
You’ll perform administrative duties personally for the owners, and anything else needed within the organization. Some of those duties will include:
- Managing calendars
- Researching solutions to problems
- Managing specific projects
- Implementing and creating marketing strategies to find properties to purchase for the investment company, which include:
- Multiple direct mail campaigns
- Driving for Dollars – looking for properties to make offers
- Putting out “We buy Houses” type bandit signs throughout Colorado Springs
- Instructing and overseeing Virtual Assistants
- Answering in-bound phone calls
- Making out-bound warm and cold calls
- Following up with leads over time
- Keeping in touch with customers and assisting them with any difficulties that arise prior to and even after their closing date
Simply put, we’re a team, and since we’re a small company, we write many of the rules as we go. This means having the willingness and flexibility to take on other/additional job responsibilities as needed, which may include helping the owners with both business and personal matters.
- Have interpersonal skills, and are comfortable talking to and dealing with people – via phone, email, Skype, courier pigeon or whatever
- Know your way around a computer, the internet, and using software in general (Excel, Word, Email, etc.), and type reasonably fast and accurately
- Be extremely organized, with special attention to detail
- Be able to adapt and learn new things quickly, thoroughly, and in detail
- Know how to Google anything and everything
- Have project coordination experience. If you are given a big administrative project, you need to know how to get it done in a timely fashion
- You will be given multiple tasks one time only and be expected to see them through to completion without micromanagement. You’ll often be given a desired result and will be responsible for coming up with creative ways of accomplishing it. (In other words, you’re free to get the end result however you like, without a boss breathing down your neck telling you how to do your job)
- Lastly, and most importantly, you need to be a positive person. Not pretend “positive,” more like you love life even when you’re thrown a curveball kind of positive
The Work Arrangement…
This will start out as a remote position (work from home), so we all get to enjoy the benefits of a remote work lifestyle. Therefore just about everything we do happens through the internet, email, Skype, mobile phones, etc. So you should be great with that.
In the not-too-distant future we will be opening an office. At that time you may be expected to spend a certain # of days/week or hours/day working from the office. So you should be great with that too.
When working remotely, you will need to meet with the owners (in Colorado Springs) typically a couple times per week for an in-person meeting, to discuss projects, tasks, etc. You may also be asked to help run errands occasionally, or accompany one of the owners on an appointment with a potential seller.
As mentioned, hours can be flexible but would range from 15-35 hours (and sometimes more) per week M-F. Something like 10am to 3 or 4 pm would be great, but we can work with you depending on your circumstances.
On a Personal Note:
”We’re looking for someone to keep us organized and help keep this company running smoothly so that we can each focus on doing what we do best. The ideal person for this will be fun, energetic, self-reliant, have super-high integrity and excellent follow through skills. In a nutshell, we’re looking for a self-starter with a track record of being dedicated and loyal; someone who completes tasks in a timely manner with accuracy, and thrives on learning new things and completing projects. We expect a lot from our small team, but as a result we’re very flexible with work times, vacation schedules, and we love to have a lot of fun while getting awesome stuff done.”
Then Pay Attention: If you think this job is peanut butter and you’re jelly, then please email your resume along with a 1-2 paragraph explanation of why you’d be an excellent choice for this position. Please keep in mind that we’re not looking for a standard form letter from you –make it personal.
Send us an email at: info@MaverickHomes.com Please include a smiley face in the subject line of the email, like this 🙂 That’s your first test to see if you are good at following simple directions. Emails submitted without this will simply be discarded since it’s a pretty clear indication of how well you follow instructions (or whether or not you read this entire ad). We look forward to working with you!